If you are embarking on deep arse play, for example; ‘fisting’ or ‘anal intercourse’ then you may want to douche beforehand to ensure that you are clean from faeces and to enable you to relax due to not having any unwanted surprises.
A ‘douche’ is an apparatus that you can purchase from a chemist or an adult sex shop that fills with water and it has a cylinder type object that is inserted through the sphincters and into the rectum which enables you to squirt water inside in the aim of cleaning out waste products. Other type of douches include hoses that fit on to a tap and the other end into your anus.
The first thing to remember – only ever use plain, clean water – preferably body temperature. You do not need antiseptics or disinfectants or anything else in a douche, as they all irritate the lining of the arse and can make the arse unhealthy.
Also it is NOT recommended to use the douches that attach to the shower or a tap, for a number of reasons (variable water pressure, you can’t control the amount of water that goes in, difficult to keep clean). If you do want to douche then use the small bulb douche (some men use these to squirt lube inside their rectum) or the gravity fed bags.
Start by using lube to help with the insertion of the douche:
- Hoses or nozzles have no sharp edges
- Douching involves introducing water into the anal canal and lower rectum
- Use only plain water
- Regular use of douching for constipation is not a good idea.
- Don’t use chemicals – soaps – or perfumes when douching
- Feeling of cleanliness – helps to relax – not worried about encountering any poo surprises
- There are several douching implements available on the market – your local chemist or adult bookstore will have a range available for you to choose from.
- The bulb style is recommended – small amount of water.
- Permanently plumbed (to your shower) douching equipment are also available
- Low water pressure and monitoring water temperature is very important.
- Warm or body temperature water.
- Using small amounts of water rather than continuously flowing water is preferable.
- Having a high fibre diet & supplementing your diet with live cultures such as acidophilus bifidus found in good yogurt products is also recommended.
- Maintaining good anorectal health will make douching much easier & quicker
Over-douching can wash out all of the anal mucus therefore drying out the anus, in-turn making any insertion more painful due to causing ‘grabbing’ and increasing the risk of condom breakage.
Alternative to douching:
- If douching makes you uncomfortable – don’t do it!
- A high fibre diet – good anorectal health, combined with inserting your finger in your anus while showering, – can provide perfectly adequate cleanliness for most anal stimulation or activity.